Buy a House
We understand that taking the first step to selecting and purchasing a new home can be daunting. That’s why it’s important to be selective when choosing on a loan team to assist with your financing needs.
We work with new and returning clients needing an array of mortgage services including: new home purchase financing, mortgage refinance, purchase financing for an existing home, and more. For buyers of a new William Lyon Home, our commitment is to provide the same dedication to quality and innovation as your builder.
Loan Officers with years of experience and knowledge
Our team of Senior Loan Originators is led by Jason Forman, a home financing professional who has served clients of William Lyon Homes since 2007. Jason and his team offer a wealth of combined real estate finance experience, which add up to more than 125 years.
How much home can I afford?
A powerful tool for homebuyers, a pre-approval tells home sellers that a lender will extend you financing up to a specific dollar-limit, which strengthens your negotiating power. Our pre-approval also saves you time because you can look just at homes that fit your price range.
Can I get my loan approved before I start shopping for a home?
Yes! We can pre-approve you for financing before you begin viewing model homes or finalize your choice of floor plans. This pre-approval enables you to maximize your customization choices according to your budget and helps us expedite your loan’s closing.
Get Financial Documents Orgainized
Our team is here to assist every step of the way, from gathering documents, to explaining important milestones. Below are a few essential tips intended to help educate you on the mortgage process and the critical documents needed to proceed with your mortgage application.
If you are buying or refinancing a home, you will need the following documents:
- If you are salaried – two years W-2 and one month of paystubs.
- If you are self-employed – two years tax returns and a YTD profit and loss statement.
- To keep the loan process on schedule, it would be helpful to provide two most recent months bank statements for each bank (checking, savings, money market, CD), stock and mutual fund account (include all pages of the statement, even if there are blank pages).
- Recent copies of any stock brokerage or IRA/401K accounts (include all pages of the statement, even if there are blank pages).
- If you are applying for a cash-out refinance, a letter explaining your intent for the money needs to be provided.
- A copy of divorce decree (when applicable).
Become Qualified for a Loan
When searching for your new home, it is important to become pre-approved for many different reasons:
- Know how much house you can afford so that you do not waste precious time looking at properties that are not within your range.
- Being pre-approved gives you the negotiating power you may need if you are purchasing a resale home, plus it lets the seller know that you are already approved and serious about purchasing a home.
- Your loan closes more quickly, as it is already approved.
- With our Automated Underwriting process, our loan officers are able to approve your loan on the spot or within 24 hours. (Approval may be contingent upon appraisal and other required documentation).
Receive Loan Approval
Once you have completely filled out your loan application, we will begin the loan approval process, which includes researching the following:
- Credit history.
- Employment history.
- Assets including your bank accounts, stocks, mutual fund and retirement accounts.
- Property value.
Professionalism, Experience and Options Matter:
Our unique relationship with William Lyon Homes, combined with our state-of-the-art underwriting technology, enables us to provide highly personalized lending services and mortgage product options.
Many types of mortgages for all types of homes and home buyers!
If you have a previous relationship with one of our Loan Originators, or have been referred to us by an existing client, we can offer you an array of home loan and refinancing options for a new or existing property. Contact us today to learn about our wide selection of mortgage niche programs that can work for you and your individual borrowing needs.
Our Core Purpose
Everyone at William Lyon Mortgage – sales, underwriting and closing professionals – work together to provide you with a positive, rewarding home financing experience from application to funding. mortgage.
Our Value Proposition
Our seasoned team will personally oversee all aspects of each transaction to ensure your lending experience meets your needs while exceeding your expectations.